Grassroots Outdoor Alliance has grown again, adding two new vendor partners and new five retail members to its membership total.
The national organization that caters to the specialty outdoor retail channel this week announced the addition of Colorado-based suppliers Big Agnes and Osprey, expanding the Grassroots vendor partner community to 65.
It also welcomed the following retail shops: Active Endeavors (Iowa), Bill and Paul’s (Michigan), Nomad Ventures (California), Outdoor Experience (Idaho), and Soko Outfitters (Iowa). That boosted Grassroots’ retail membership to 96 members in 196 retail locations.
“With the boom in all things outdoors and the solidifying awareness among consumers of the positive impacts of ‘buying local,’ there is unprecedented energy and momentum driving the independent specialty retail channel right now,” said Rich Hill, president of Grassroots Outdoor Alliance
More information on Grassroots’ new vendors and retailers:
- Big Agnes is a Steamboat Springs, Colo.-based producer of sleeping bags, pads, tents, insulated apparel, and camp furniture. Said the company’s sales director, Jill Lewis, of the brand’s new affiliation with Grassroots: “Our specialty retail partners are at the core of our business and we are happy to support them after such a challenging year for the retail sector.”
- Osprey is a Cortez, Colo.-based pack maker. Justin Kline, the brand’s domestic sales senior manager, noted that “the retailers that comprise Grassroots Outdoor Alliance are best in class and have been core to the Osprey brand since our early days, so it’s a great feeling to be able to provide them with even more support at such a monumental time for our industry.”
- Active Endeavors, Davenport, Iowa, the only locally owned dealer of The North Face and Patagonia, has been around since 1998.
- Bill & Paul’s Sporthaus, Grand Rapids, Mich., has earned numerous awards including SIA Downhill Retailer of the Year, SIA Cross Country Ski Retailer of the Year, Snow Country Magazine’s America’s Top Shops and Skiing Magazine’s Gold Medal Ski Shops.
- Nomad Ventures, which has four shops in Southern California plus an online store, has been in business for 40 years.
- Outdoor Experience, Sandpoint, Idaho, traded hands in 2019 when the original owners, Kevin Nye and Marc DeLaVergne, retired and passed the shop’s reins to Jennifer Curto.
- And Soko Outfitters, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, borrowed its name derives from “Sokol,” the traditional Czech and Slovak society that encouraged fitness, unity through sport, and adventure.